There seems to be a little bit of confusion among some developers as to what JSON is.
It is not these things, though it is used like that (to some extent). The definition is plain enough:
The important points are:
- text based
- language independent
I expect that the JSON word will lose its acroynm-ity in time and just become the name for a format. A similar thing happened to the OSGi trademark, it no longer means what it used to mean, and XML, means pointy brackets everywhere.
- JSON as a configuration language
- Groovy Object Notation (GrON) for Data Interchange
- JSON configuration file format
- Groovy Object Notation using ConfigSlurper
- Groovy implementation of INIX file format