When the Eclipse IDE ‘breaks’ it seems to be unfixable. Like right now. I detached the Console view window via dragging onto another monitor. Done with it. Now I can’t dock the Console again inside the Java Perspective.
The top left widget just shows a ‘close’ action. I tried closing projects, restarting Eclipse with “-clean”, and of course doing a search to see if this has been addressed by someone before. Sometimes it will go away and another docked Console will be used. But then it pops up again in float mode, and duplicating the output in the already docked Console, i.e., now two Consoles are showing the same thing.
Reinstall Eclipse again????? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Let me reboot Windoze first.
I rebooted PC, rearranged Eclipse on the multi-monitor location, and the issue has not returned.
- The issue started again. I looked in the JUnit run configuration’s common tab for the test causing this. The “Launch in background” setting was checked. hmmm.
- Still not working. Second console window popup still appearing.
- Now trying the suggestion found here.
- Doh!!!!! I was dragging the window via the title bar. You have to drag via the tab title.
I guess working in different environment made me lose my muscle memory gesture.
Number 3 above fixed the popup reappearing.
- Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler)
- Windows 7 Professional 64bit
- Java 1.6 and 1.7
- Dual monitor
- UltraMon utility
- JMockIt method not found in type when using Invocation arg
- Java Dev Using Embedded Groovy Console in Eclipse
- In Eclipse, search for all text in current file?
- Search Java classpath for JUnit tests using Spring
- Use Eclipse project dir for Unit Test data