I updated my VirtualBox to 4.2.2. I previously updated Ubuntu to 12.04. Everything is working fine.
My only problem is VirtualBox Guest Additions. I updated it, I think. Or did I? How would I check?
At “how to check version of virtualbox guest additions currently installed…” one of the posts suggests:
lsmod | grep -io vboxguest | xargs modinfo | grep -iw version version: 4.1.12_Ubuntu
Since I rarely deal with VB installs I never remember the ‘additions’ process.
Oops! You have to install the guest additions in the client Linux OS. After I did this, the VB menu, Machine -> Session Information -> runtime: Guest Additions 4.2.2 r8194.
28 Oct 2012: Updated to VirtualBox 4.2.4 r81684
And the command shows the same:
jbetancourt@jb-vb-acer:~$ lsmod | grep -io vboxguest | xargs modinfo | grep -iw version version: 4.2.2
- Ubuntu 10.10 update in VirtualBox, no gui.
- VirtualBox 4.1.4 on Windows 7 with Ubuntu guest
- Guest Additions info incorrect in VirtualBox?
- Screen capture in Ubuntu running in VirtualBox
- Ubuntu install in VirtualBox gets compiz error