Just happened to my tablet, a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1. If you search online for this you find many discussions and pleas for help. Does this happen to other brands of laptops?
BTW, there is also a White Screen of Death associated with iPod, iPad, or iPhone.
On restart, the screen would not show. Sound is ok, buttons seem functional. A restart or reset using button combinations did not fix this.
Luckily I found some instructions on how to fix this. Remove the back cover, disconnect the LCD cable, wait for a few minutes, then reconnect.
One person wrote Galaxy Tablet Reboot Trick. Too bad I did not try that first.
- Doing this may void your warranty.
- Don’t use a metal device to pry the back cover off. Get a plastic prying device that are sold in kits for this kind of thing. Or use a guitar pick.
- Getting the cover off takes a lot of careful prying.
- Some people recommend you disconnect the battery connector before you disconnect the LCD connector.
- Getting the cover back on is just as hard. I still don’t have it seating well.
Note that all (?) electronic components that have multiple connected parts will have issues. When I worked with metrology components or Electrochemical control devices, sometimes the only thing that would fix them was to disconnect and reconnect some device or subsystem, wait a while, then turn the unit back on. I just read that this is one technique to ‘fix’ ECU units on some automobiles.
- How to Fix the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 2014 Edition Dark Screen
- How to open and fix black screen Samsung Note 10.1 (2014)
- Thread on Android Central Forums
- Galaxy Tablet Reboot Trick
- How to Replace Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Battery
- White Screen of Death
- What slowed down Galaxy Note with Android 4.1.2 update?
- Android recovery mode on Galaxy Note I717
- Larger smartphones to be more common?
- Galaxy Note is slow with Jelly Bean?
- Will first generation Samsung Galaxy Note get Android 4.4 KitKat?