I followed the suggestions in “Speeding up the Samsung Galaxy Note” which worked, but now a new problem: after pressing the Home button, the ‘desktop’ takes very long to show the icons. This is on my Samsung Note (original) i717 with Android 4.1.2, on AT&T network.
Searching I found that many were blaming the lack of memory.
What I did
Using the SystemPanel Lite app, I saw that there were a bunch of apps in the Inactive (Cached) Applications list. I closed these. Now the home screen pops up a little quicker.
I don’t think it is just a memory issue. Something is wrong with this OS version on my phone. More likely the caching system needs a major revisit. Are the latest versions of Android any better?
SystemPanel Lite version 1.3.1
- Your device’s current firmware version is not supported via Kies
- Android 4 update changed voice of GPS Navigator
- Samsung Note and Android 4 upgrade worth it?
- What slowed down Galaxy Note with Android 4.1.2 update?
- Will first generation Samsung Galaxy Note get Android 4.4 KitKat?