Ah the complexity of computing, no wonder most people only just play games on FaceBook.
Below I describe a problem playing MP3s on a network resource. I don’t have a solution yet. And have not at this time (4/24/2010) investigated further.
I installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx in VirtualBox 3.2.2 hosted on Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Rythmbox (the default music software) ver 0.12.8 will play mp3 on the VM’s local file system. However, it won’t play mp3s that are stored on my Networked Attached Storage (NAS), an ancient ReadyNAS (now NetGear) X6 model.
- If I copy an mp3 from the NAS to the file system, it plays.
- I can play the same mp3 on the NAS using the Totem Movie Player 2.30.2.
What it could be?
- Not an access control, since the movie player can play them.
- Rythmbox has the correct plug-ins, since it can play mp3.
- It is buggy or some subtle configuration is incorrect when accessing mp3 via network?
Re: Ubuntu 10.04 – Rhythmbox not working: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9311110
- iTunes streaming server on readyNAS X6
- The pain of not using simple file storage locations
- Google Play cannot access music on SD card
- alarm clock windows media player via PowerShell
- Sonos Wireless HIFI system setup