The Apache Tomcat Maven Plugin has a great feature: it can create a runnable jar file with an embedded Tomcat server.
I tried this on a simple ‘Hello world!’ webapp to see if this works. It didn’t. When you run the jar: java -jar target\hello.jar, it would fail saying that the hello.war could not be found.
Of course I tried many different configurations and Maven POM file changes. Web searches did not point to an issue. Finally at the end I found something. There is a bug in the plug-in version 2.2. Errrrr.
Anyway, here is a suggestion to get around it. Made the changes, it works.
- Setup SSL Issues On Tomcat
- Hudson/Jenkins CI Server, can’t edit a job?
- Why a Repository for Java Dev?
- Tomcat 7 change ROOT application
- Groovy script to bootstrap a Gradle Project