JSON as a configuration data file is already a given. I wrote about this before. Google has now made this even more powerful by open sourcing Jsonnet, a “mini-language”, domain specific language (DSL) on this data format. Jsonnet it supports inline comments. Nice!
- Google Proposes to Enhance JSON with Jsonnet
- Comparisons With Other Languages / Tools
- Understanding JSON
- Groovy Object Notation (GrON) for Data Interchange
- Groovy Object Notation using ConfigSlurper
- JSON configuration file format
- Groovy implementation of INIX file format, part 2