On a file in MyEclipse search for (.*) in regexp mode. It will find the first match sometimes. Search again, it will state no match found. However, use (.+) and it will find each line.
That is weird behavior. Same thing happens in Eclipse Helios. Tried it in an editor, GVim. Works fine. Must be a Preferences setting, or a built in limit to avoid runaway regexps.
Tried (.*?), won’t even find one match.
10-23-2012: You have to use \R as the terminator. That is very nonstandard.
- The incredible suckiness of text editors
- In Eclipse, search for all text in current file?
- “org.eclipse.search” issue model was not being managed.
- Can’t save a new TiddlyWiki in IE
- How to search using Windows 7 file explorer?